A recent study conducted by Microsoft revealed that only 1 in 2 employees feel engaged at work. The research goes on to state that disengaged employees cost businesses between $450-$550 billion annually in lost productivity. With such staggering numbers, it’s no wonder why so many organizations are looking for ways to improve their employee experience.
The following are the top 5 initiatives your company can implement today to improve your employee experience and create a happier, more engaged workforce.
- Onboarding Program: Implement an onboarding program that covers the basics of your company culture, values, and expectations. Then, go a step further and assign each new hire a mentor who can help them acclimate to their new role and answer any questions they may have along the way.
- Employee Recognition Program: Create an employee recognition program that celebrates employees for meeting (and exceeding) goals, exhibiting exemplary customer service skills, or going above and beyond their job duties. Publicly acknowledging and thanking employees for their hard work is a great way to show them that you appreciate their contributions and it motivates them to continue putting forth their best effort.
- wellness initiatives: Invest in your employees’ physical and mental wellbeing by implementing wellness initiatives such as standing desks, fitness reimbursement programs, or meditation classes. Showing employees that you care about their health and wellbeing will go a long way in building trust and fostering a positive relationship between employer and employee.
- paid time off (PTO): Give your employees the gift of time by offering generous paid time off policies. This not only shows employees that you value their work-life balance but also allows them the opportunity to recharge their batteries so they can come back to work feeling refreshed and ready to take on whatever challenges come their way.
- flexible work arrangements: Offer flexible work arrangements such as remote work options, flex hours, or compressed work weeks. This gives employees the freedom and flexibility to design a work schedule that works best for them which leads to improved focus, decreased stress levels, and increased productivity.
Employees who feel engaged and valued are more likely to be productive members of your team who add value to your company. Implementing even just one or two of the above initiatives can have a positive impact on employee morale and help turn your business into a thriving workplace!