In the fast-paced world of modern work, fostering a strong team culture and boosting employee engagement are critical for organisations striving to stay ahead of the competition. While there are numerous platforms designed to enhance workplace collaboration, Slack has emerged as a powerhouse, revolutionising the way teams communicate, collaborate, and connect. With its ever-expanding ecosystem of applications, Slack has become an indispensable tool for teams looking to nurture a positive work environment and increase overall engagement.
To put this list together we had the help of TopTools.io, A website that references all Slack apps and is able to list the best ones, gather all reviews and track app ranks on Slack marketplace.
Here you’ll find the best Slack apps to Build Team Culture and Increase Engagement.
- Billy (the birthday bot)
Billy is a bot that automates birthday and work anniversary celebrations. It is the top rated bot for Slack and Teams. Celebrating birthdays is one of the simplest thing to do to increase employee recognition. It’s also an efficient way to build a positive team culture and team bonding.
Try out Billy the birthday bot
- GreetBotThis bot greets people in Slack. GreetBot is a friendly onboarding assistant that helps you welcome new members of your Slack workspace.
Try out Greetbot now
- TriviaYou want your team to play together without adding a new Zoom call in their calendar? Trivia builds camaraderie, collaboration and connections among your teammates thanks to games in Slack. It is fun, memorable, and engaging.
- Standup.lyThis is a stand Up Bot for daily async meetings. Automate daily huddle check-ins, retrospectives, 360 feedback reviews, 1-on-1, planning poker, backlog grooming, and other workflows.
Test Standup.ly now
Donut is a tool to connect serendipitously for virtual coffee, peer learning, birthday and work anniversary celebrations, DEI discussions, and more.
Donut makes connections across the organization, for teams of all sizes in three ways: by encouraging in-person or virtual meetups or asynchronous banter.
- RicottaPlay games and trivia together as a team with Ricotta Games & Trivia. The best part? It’s asynchronous and collaborative. Fun trivia quizzes with 30K+ questions and 30 categories. Play asynchronous quizzes without disrupting work for a quick 5-minute break.
Install Ricotta for Slack
- Team BuddyTeamBuddy Is a combination of team directory with icebreaker questions Encourage your people to know each other. Make your company’s culture more inclusive and warm.
Try Team Buddy
This is all for our curated list of the best Slack apps to Build Team Culture and Increase Engagement. You think we forgot an app? Reach out to us, we’d be happy to update this article.